NEW YORK, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP); ( www.meredith.com) announced today it has acquired Parenting and Babytalk magazines and their related digital assets from The Bonnier Corporation ( www.Bonniercorp.com).
Under the agreement, the readers of Parenting will receive Parents magazine effective with the September issue. Similarly, readers of Babytalk will receive American Baby magazine effective with the September issue. The companion digital site, www.Parenting.com, will operate as a part of the Parents network of digital media.
Both Parents and American Baby magazines will include popular editorial features and columns from Parenting and Babytalk to ensure that readers are being super-served with great editorial content that reflects the best of the combined products.Financial terms were not disclosed, and the acquisitions will not have a material effect on Meredith's financial performance. Meredith Corporation is the leading media and marketing company serving American women. Meredith reaches 100 million American women every month through multiple well-known national brands and local television brands in fast-growing markets. Meredith is the industry leader in creating content in key consumer interest areas such as home, family, food, health and wellness and self-development. Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms – including print, television, digital, mobile, tablets, and video – to give consumers content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners. Additionally, Meredith Xcelerated Marketing serves the nation's top brands and companies by delivering content-powered engagement for a hyper-connected world. Its deep expertise in digital, mobile, social, healthcare, analytics and international marketing enable it to provide cutting-edge cross-channel customer management for many of the world's most popular brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV