3. As of noon trading, Southern ( SO) is up $0.45 (0.98) to $46.29 on average volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.75-$46.36 after having opened the day at $45.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.84. The Southern Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a public electric utility company. Southern has a market cap of $40.1 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Southern a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Southern as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Southern Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts