4. As of noon trading, NextEra Energy ( NEE) is up $0.78 (0.98) to $80.40 on light volume Thus far, 490,325 shares of NextEra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $79.42-$80.52 after having opened the day at $79.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.62. NextEra Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, transmission, distribution, and sale of electric energy in the United States and Canada. The company is involved in the generation of renewable energy from wind and solar projects. NextEra Energy has a market cap of $34.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 15.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate NextEra Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NextEra Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts