1. As of noon trading, Verizon Communications ( VZ) is up $0.47 (0.89) to $53.02 on light volume Thus far, 3.1 million shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $52.41-$53.07 after having opened the day at $52.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.55. Verizon Communications Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses, and governmental agencies worldwide. Verizon Communications has a market cap of $157.0 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 132.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 21.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Verizon Communications a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Verizon Communications as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts