STAMFORD, Conn., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) today voiced its support for Senator John McCain's Television Consumer Freedom Act of 2013, which identifies and aims to address key issues facing the television industry.
"We at Charter applaud Senator McCain for introducing the Television Consumer Freedom Act of 2013," said Tom Rutledge, CEO and President of Charter Communications. "It is clear that consumers are being forced to purchase content that they don't want or need. The tying together of networks by programming giants, combined with a lack of consistency in pricing for distributors and a complete lack of transparency surrounding that pricing, creates a no-win situation for consumers, who are forced to purchase large bundles of program content at prices that continue to escalate despite the myriad alternatives enabled by current technology. Giving consumers more choice in this difficult economic climate is the right regulatory path, and Senator McCain's proposed legislation is a logical step in that direction."
SOURCE Charter Communications
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV