- 2012 Statement includes increased reporting detail and year-to-year comparable data
TSX/NYSE/PSE: MFC SEHK:945
TORONTO, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Manulife Financial has today released its 2012 Public Accountability Statement. The statement, which reviews Manulife's commitment to social responsibility, environmental sustainability, excellence in business conduct and corporate governance during the previous year, is now available for download at manulife.com.
The 2012 Statement highlights the Company's continuing efforts in Canada, Asia and the United States to build stronger communities, promote health and wellness, support educational initiatives for young people and tomorrow's leaders, enhance environmental sustainability and harness the power of volunteering in the community."Our company has a long, proud tradition of giving back to the communities where our employees, agents and customers live and work," says Donald Guloien, President and Chief Executive Officer, Manulife Financial. New in Manulife's 2012 Public Accountability Statement are increased details, context, and metrics that help quantify the impacts of Manulife's programs and initiatives, whether of an economic, social or environmental nature. Highlights from the 2012 Statement include: Economic Impact: Manulife is proud of the role that it is able to play in facilitating positive economic impacts in the communities where it operates by virtue of its day-to-day operations. Above and beyond these ongoing business activities, the Company engaged in a broad range of additional initiatives in 2012 which generated positive economic benefits in Canada, Asia and in the United States. Manulife believes in the importance of partnering with organizations which help to promote active, healthy lifestyles among its global customer base and which give back to the local community. The Company is proud of the significant economic impacts that arose through its sponsorship of events in 2012, such as the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic and the Boston Marathon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV