3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: GEO, MWE, CXW
MarkWest Energy Partners (NYSE: MWE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.00%. Markwest Energy Partners, L.P., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the gathering, processing, and transportation of natural gas the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 46.82. The average volume for MarkWest Energy Partners has been 697,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. MarkWest Energy Partners has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 31.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates MarkWest Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 142.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$74.09 million to $31.81 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $107.00 million or 28.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.50%.
- 43.80% is the gross profit margin for MARKWEST ENERGY PARTNERS LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.56% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full MarkWest Energy Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts