Coins cannot be used on books or movies at this time, although the company said it plans to add more ways to earn and spend them in the future.
Nvidia (NVDA) announced it is taking pre-orders for its Project Shield portable gaming system.
The system, now dubbed SHIELD, is an Android handheld able to access games from a variety of sources. It features a game controller with a 5-inch, 720p retinal multi-touch display and runs on Android 4.2.1. Jelly Bean.
"SHIELD is the one device that taps into the planet's largest ecosystem of games--spanning Nvidia TegraZone, Google (GOOG) Play, and Steam. Rediscover your Android games with the mobility, control, and performance of SHIELD. Connect to your Google Play account to enjoy your favorite movies, music and apps."SHIELD is priced at $349 and will be carried at retailers including GameStop (GME), Newegg, Micro Center, and Canada Computers. The initial pre-order period is available only to those who have signed up on the SHIELD website, but it will open up to the general public on May 20. The handheld will ship in June. In the future, Nvidia said it hopes to be able to stream PC games to SHIELD as well.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Brittany Umar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV