MyBowl ™ breakfast planning resource and enhanced global website – www.kelloggsnutrition.com – provide new tools for healthcare professionals
BATTLE CREEK, Mich., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Kellogg's MyBowl shows how to build a better #cereal bowl to start the day right
- KelloggsNutrition.com offers latest research, educational tools on benefits of #cereal and #breakfast
Build a better bowl of cereal to start the day right with Kellogg's MyBowl™ – a new interactive resource designed to help bring U.S. Dietary Guidelines to life and aid consumers in meeting dietary intake recommendations. Building on its 100-plus year commitment to health, wellness and nutrition, the digital tool will be available on Kellogg Company's newly enhanced global website for healthcare professionals – www.KelloggsNutrition.com.
Knowing that a healthy meal can come in many different shapes and sizes, the company created Kellogg's MyBowl™ to show consumers how easy it can be to build healthy meals that don't work on a plate. Kellogg's MyBowl™ uses colored bands to show how breakfast cereal can deliver servings from the grain, dairy and fruit groups – a hard-to-beat combo that provides 10 essential nutrients like protein, potassium, fiber, calcium and vitamin D. The tool also features interactive components including:
- A breakfast-building feature that allows users to experiment with different combinations of cereal, milk and fruit for the optimal breakfast solution.
- A portion control feature that visually depicts a serving of cereal in three bowls of varying shapes and sizes – helping people understand how to measure their portions and be consistent in the size of their morning breakfast bowls.
" Kellogg's MyBowl™ is an effective teaching tool designed to help consumers build a better breakfast that combines grains from cereal with fruit and low fat milk," said Karen Ridley, vice president, KUSA Nutrition Marketing. "Because many Americans have low intake of essential nutrients like potassium, fiber, calcium and vitamin D 1, this easy to use, interactive tool is a great way to educate consumers about the nutritional benefits of a cereal breakfast."Kellogg's MyBowl™ can be accessed directly via www.ChooseMyBowl.com. Additional digital resources include a dedicated Twitter page, @ChooseMyBowl, as well as the newly enhanced website, www.KelloggsNutrition.com, offering resources to those across the world who, like Kellogg, are committed to helping consumers make informed choices to meet their nutrition needs. "As a global company, our nutrition heritage is reflected in the work of our professionals located around the world," said Nelson Almeida, vice president of nutrition and regulatory science. "For example, our nutrition teams have created helpful resources and education programs, along with supporting and conducting important scientific research. Our new site allows us to share this wealth of information with healthcare professionals in every region." Content on the enhanced site includes:
- A spotlight page with worldwide nutrition news, research highlights and many useful resources, including Kellogg's MyBowl™;
- Information on the company's nutrition heritage;
- And information on the benefits of breakfast and research on the important health benefits of fiber. For instance, people who eat breakfast cereal typically tend to have lower BMIs (body mass indexes) than those who don't eat cereal. 2