TI Delivers Industry's Most Integrated ZigBee® Single-chip Solution With An ARM® Cortex™-M3 Microcontroller (MCU) For Smart Energy Infrastructure, Home And Building Automation, And Intelligent Lighting Systems
DALLAS, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To simplify the development of ZigBee ® wireless connectivity-enabled smart energy infrastructure, home and building automation and intelligent lighting gateways, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the availability of the CC2538 system-on-chip (SoC). The industry's most integrated ZigBee solution, the CC2538 is cost-efficient with an ARM ® Cortex ™-M3 MCU, memory and hardware accelerators on one piece of silicon. The CC2538 supports ZigBee PRO, ZigBee Smart Energy and ZigBee Home Automation and lighting standards to deliver interoperability with existing and future ZigBee products. The SoC also supports IP standards-based development using IEEE 802.15.4 and 6LoWPAN IPv6 networks for maximum flexibility. For more information on the CC2538, available development kits and Z-Stack™ software please see: www.ti.com/cc2538-pr.
"The dynamic nature of smart energy, home automation and lighting systems require performance and flexibility to meet the varying memory, security and standard support needs of manufacturers," said Mark Grazier, program manager, Wireless Connectivity Solutions, TI. "The CC2538 is truly a unique product in the market with its integration and support of ZigBee and other IP-based standards like 802.15.4 and 6LoWPAN IPv6."
Additional features and benefits of the CC2538:
- Efficient processing for centralized networks and reduced bill of materials cost through integrated ARM Cortex-M3 core
- Support smart energy infrastructure applications with scalable memory options from 128K to 512K Flash
- Sustain a mesh network with hundreds of end nodes via integrated 8K to 32K RAM options that are pin-for-pin compatible for maximum flexibility
- Enable a secure, fast bring-up a system while using less energy through AES-128/256, SHA2 integrated hardware encryption engine, optional ECC-128/256, and RSA hardware acceleration engine for secure key exchange
- Optimized for battery-powered applications using only 1.3uA in sleep mode
- Temperature operation up to 125 degrees Celsius
- Support fast digital management—no interfaces are required externally or between system-on-chip components
Full information on the CC2538 SoC can be found in the data sheet.Development tools and softwareThe CC2538 development kit ( CC2538DK) provides a complete development platform for the CC2538 allowing users to see all functionality without additional layout. It comes with high-performance CC2538 evaluation modules ( CC2538EMK) and mother boards with an integrated ARM Cortex-M3 debug probe for software development and peripherals including an LCD, buttons, LEDs, light sensor and accelerometer for creating demo software. The boards are also compatible with TI's SmartRF™ Studio for running RF performance tests. The CC2538 supports current and future Z-Stack releases from TI and over the air downloads of software for easier upgrades in the field.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV