Kevin Plank of Under Armour has worked with SAP for more than a decade to research, develop, manufacture and distribute Under Armour products: "As a company that is built on speed and innovation, we are constantly working to improve the consumer experience and the platform that SAP delivers throughout our business helps to refine our process, allowing us to innovate with products such as the new Armour 39. That ability to help brands capture a multitude of real-time data and expedite communication is exactly how SAP can elevate the sports and entertainment industries and enable all of us to best utilize the most advanced technologies. We believe this is the true 'game changer.'"
"The sports world mirrors the very dynamic shift in today's global business environment," said York, of the San Francisco 49ers. "As managers of teams and clubs, we need to make significant brand and strategy changes quickly while simultaneously minimizing risk. The use of analytics, combined with the ability to reach and hear from fans on their mobile devices in real time, can offer enormous benefits for everyone."
"NBA fans' passion for our game is amplified by deep game data and player statistics," said Silver. "SAP has created the definitive tool on NBA.com for accessing our rich history and up-to-the-minute game results."
Market estimates for the sports and entertainment industries are, to say the least, enormous. According to data from the U.S. Commerce Department, spending on these — including facilities management, agents for artists, athletes and entertainers, and professional sports teams and clubs — topped $68 billion annually in the United States for the last five years.In addition to sports, SAP counts numerous entertainment organizations as customers, including Cirque du Soleil, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) and Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment LLC This year, SAP acquired Ticket-Web GMBH & Co. KG, a provider of ticketing solutions and niche CRM tools for concerts and sports events. Transforming the Sports and Entertainment IndustrySAP already boasts several sporting solutions and partnerships, including:
- SAP partnered with the NBA in July 2012 on a multiyear technology and marketing venture. Fans and the media were able to get interactive access to virtually unlimited amounts of official NBA statistics and analysis, including every official box score in NBA history. (Insert Link)
- In October 2012, the NFL and SAP announced a multiyear technology and marketing partnership, where the NFL will adopt on-demand technology from SAP for its proprietary NFL.com Fantasy Football offering. SAP also deployed custom analytics to develop an interactive dashboard for fans to participate in the NFL.com 2012 Fantasy Player of the Year Award.
- SAP joined EMC in October 2012 in signing on as Cornerstone Partners at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. The N.Y. Jets and N.Y. Giants said they will use SAP and EMC technology to introduce a new level of fan interaction and activation throughout the entire building.
- SAP is a Founding Partner of the San Francisco 49ers' new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California. The team will use SAP's expertise in big data analytics, mobile and real-time systems in all digital touch points, including 49ers.com, Twitter and Facebook to help create enhanced relationships with its loyal fan base.
- In March 2013, SAP announced the launch of the SAP® Scouting solution, an enterprise offering that helps enable sports franchises to improve their ability to identify, assess and recruit the talent that can fuel their teams' on-field success.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV