ORLANDO, Fla., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Joined by luminaries from some of the biggest names in professional sports, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today spotlighted new solutions that are expected to transform the sports and entertainment industry, the company's 25th and newest vertical industry market. The foray paves the way for SAP and its key technology drivers — big data analytics, the SAP HANA® platform, mobile computing and cloud applications — to help the sports and entertainment industry run better from the fans, athletes, performers and the media to venues, teams, leagues and entertainment companies. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE® NOW, being held May 14–16 in Orlando, Florida.
The SAP® for Sports & Entertainment solution portfolio is designed to add value and new experiences for everyone, from ardent concert fans to the most intense sports fanatics. Examples include:
- Professional sports franchises can enhance their talent selection process through innovative scouting solutions.
- Leagues can engage fan bases through enhanced statistical insights and fantasy initiatives. Fans can be immersed in the game-day experience and hold a two-way dialogue with their teams.
- Players and teams can maximize their on-field performance by drawing on big data capabilities.
- Media can gain more access to information that will enrich storytelling, while major events, venues and concert promoters can better streamline their logistical and revenue operations.
At SAPPHIRE NOW today, SAP Co-CEO Bill McDermott was joined on stage by Kevin Plank, founder and CEO of Under Armour, Inc.; Adam Silver, incoming commissioner and former chief operating officer of the National Basketball Association; and Jed York, CEO of the San Francisco 49ers."The sports and entertainment industry understands what it takes to turn consumers into passionate fans of the brand," said McDermott. "The world-class organizations represented on stage at SAPPHIRE NOW today – and many more across the world – are embracing the value that breakthrough technologies such as SAP HANA, the SAP Cloud portfolio and advanced CRM and ticketing can bring to the fan experience. We expect that our 25th and newest industry vertical will touch literally billions of people who love concerts, entertainment and sports, and help give them an unprecedented level of enjoyment and attachment."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV