ORLANDO, Fla., May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today unveiled SAP® Mobile Secure, an enterprise mobility management solution portfolio designed to provide customers with enterprise-grade security for devices, apps and content. This new portfolio optimizes the mobile experience for users of today's most popular mobile devices. SAP Mobile Secure also offers a new software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution, with the cloud edition of the SAP® Afaria® mobile device management solution to help companies quickly and easily secure and manage mobile devices for only one Euro per device per month. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE® NOW, being held May 14–16 in Orlando, Florida, with partners including Amazon Web Services, Capgemini, and Mocana.
"Gartner has seen indications that cloud-based offerings are finally evolving to address the emerging needs of mobile users to access data and systems more complex than simple messaging," said Phil Redman, vice president Distinguished Analyst for Gartner. "The cloud model provides natural synergies with the solutions needed for mobile device management (MDM). Scalable and elastic delivery of IT capabilities is the foundation of the cloud computing value proposition."
MDM and Security With Built-In Analytics: New Solution Expands Mobile Secure CapabilitiesSAP Afaria, cloud edition, addresses the demand for a convenient, reliable and low-cost solution that empowers IT departments of any size to manage and secure both corporate-liable and personally-owned devices, providing a way to manage security risk with or without any prior SAP infrastructure. Bundled with this offering, analytic dashboards from the SAP® BusinessObjects™ portfolio provide customers with instant insight into device compliance and usage. SAP Afaria, cloud edition, delivers a highly scalable cloud-based mobile device management solution and is now available on Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8. A 30-day free trial is available at www.sapmobilesecure.com."Enterprises are using AWS for every imaginable use case, and it's been exciting to see the acceleration of SAP applications being run on AWS," said Andy Jassy, senior vice president, AWS. "Powering SAP Afaria, cloud edition, on AWS is a natural extension of the strong and expanding relationship we have with SAP, as we work together to help enterprises manage their mobile devices in a scalable, low-cost and robust fashion." "The enterprise managed mobility market has needed a highly affordable, scalable cloud-based enterprise mobile device management solution," said Fernando Alvarez, senior vice president and Mobile Solutions Global Service Line Leader, Capgemini Group. "It is a pleasure to partner with SAP to offer an enterprise mobile device management solution in the cloud. SAP Afaria, cloud edition, is a game-changer and provides Capgemini with an industry-leading MDM solution on the cloud which our clients can benefit from immediately at a very competitive cost." Security for Device, Content and Apps With the constant introduction of new devices in the market, the variety of mobile operating systems and the influx of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs for employees, enterprise-level security is top-of-mind for many companies. The SAP Mobile Secure portfolio addresses these security challenges by enabling security of the device, apps and content for today's most popular mobile devices, including iOS, Windows and Android devices. "Cyber security is increasingly a board room priority, and as such, iron-clad mobile security is job one for all CIOs and CISOs to execute their mobile strategy," said Sanjay Poonen, president of Technology Solutions and the Mobile Division, SAP. "With SAP Mobile Secure, we want to make it easy for CIOs to bring comprehensive mobile security to all layers of their mobile infrastructure at the lowest TCO possible. The SAP Mobile Secure solution portfolio is integrated with the SAP Mobile Platform, allowing developers to build in security at the right time. SAP Mobile Secure is designed to scale to millions of devices and even support large-scale 'Internet of Things' use cases. SAP has a strong heritage in security and we are excited to bring our assets and expertise to the mobile market." SAP solutions in the SAP Mobile Secure portfolio include:
- Device security and app management: SAP Afaria is the trusted and highly scalable solution to manage and secure deployments of mobile devices and apps for any size of company — in the cloud or on-premise. The latest release of SAP Afaria now includes support for Windows Phone 8.
- App security and management: SAP today also announced a partnership with leading mobile security vendor Mocana. The SAP® Mobile App Protection solution by Mocana helps organizations accelerate mobile app security. App-wrapping technology enables enterprises to quickly secure existing corporate and third-party applications without having to write any code. In addition, SAP® Store offers a white-label mobile app distribution storefront, including secure distribution of internally developed and purchased third-party apps.
- Content security: SAP launched the SAP® Mobile Documents solution earlier this year, designed for enterprise deployments where collaboration, security and control of business content are critical. Users can access, view and collaborate on personal and corporate content, in an easy-to-use, native mobile app.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts