WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., May 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SPAR Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGRP) (the "Company" or "SPAR Group"), a leading supplier of retail merchandising and other marketing services throughout the United States and internationally, today announced the financial results for the first quarter ending March 31, 2013. Revenue for the three month period ended March 31, 2013 increased 24% to $26.2 million.
First Quarter Highlights
- International revenue increased 40% to $16.5 million,
- Organic and acquisition growth rates were 12% and 28% respectively,
- Gross profit increased 5% to $6.0 million,
- Net income declined to $44,000 from $307,000 from the same period in 2012,
- Domestic business expanded via the acquisition of general merchandising and certain in-store audit services from Market Force Information, and
- We acquired a northern India based subsidiary, which is expected to generate $2.5 million in annual revenue.
"While we are pleased with the Company's revenue growth during the first three months of 2013 and our expansion efforts both domestically and in India, we experienced a decline in net income due primarily to incremental spending in support of new project startups and recent acquisitions," stated Gary Raymond, Chief Executive Officer of SPAR Group. "Our expansion efforts demonstrate our company's strength across channels, categories and geographies, and reflect the traction we're achieving internationally. Our management team is committed to continuing our most recent performance trends, improving profitability year over year and adding shareholder value."Mr. Raymond continued, "In addition to the numerous growth opportunities within our international division, we also expect continued growth from our domestic business. Management is committed to forming and strengthening relationships with numerous Fortune 500 companies, and expects to leverage these opportunities into continued 2013 profitability. Our recent acquisition of the merchandising and certain audit services from Market Force Information has expanded our existing client base while providing an introduction into a new line of in-store audit services that are expected to eventually generate annualized revenue in the range of $7 to $8 million. We will remain focused on improving both our revenue and profits, as we expect to meet our previously stated annual revenue guidance of $115 million."
|Financial Results for the three month period ended March 31, 2013|
|Three Months Ended March 31,|
|Domestic||$ 9,689||$ 9,285||$ 404||4%|
|Total||$ 26,177||$ 21,047||$ 5,130||24%|
|Domestic||$ 3,047||$ 2,960||$ 87||3%|
|Total||$ 6,032||$ 5,769||$ 263||5%|
|Net Income (Loss):|
|Domestic||$ 191||$ 263||$ (72)||(27)%|
|Total||$ 44||$ 307||$ (263)||(86)%|
|Earnings per Share||$ --||$ 0.02||$ (0.02)|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts