IBM Heritage and Leadership in Open Source Computing
IBM has participated in a wide range of open source projects since 1999, and today this includes OpenStack, Hadoop and KVM in addition to Linux, Eclipse and Apache. Over 600 IBM programmers and engineers are contributing to open source as part of the community, and this includes several dozen experts in China working on projects such as KVM. In November 2012, IBM opened its first KVM Center of Excellence in Beijing. The center, also located at the IBM China System Center, promotes KVM-based solutions from IBM and its partners, and to help customers and business partners explore and adopt open virtualization and open cloud strategies. The center was established as the first KVM Center worldwide because of the rapid adoption of virtualization and cloud computing in China.
" China is one of the fastest growing countries to adopt open source technologies like Linux - and Power Systems is often the best platform for Linux because of its advanced performance, security and virtualization," said Colin Parris, IBM Power Systems General Manager. "The center brings together the Linux expertise of Red Hat and SUSE, along with IBM's leading technical and business experts for Power Systems to provide clients and partners the essential open source building blocks for high-performance, enterprise level, data intensive workloads."
For more information about IBM Power Systems visit: www.ibm.com/power or visit the Power Systems online press kit at bit.ly/powerpresskit.
Ji Nan X XuIBM Media Relations email@example.com +86-10-63617413
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV