French Senate To Vote On Significant Labor Reform
Workers protested those restrictions on Tuesday, saying they'd like to work Sundays because they get paid double. Meanwhile, companies say they're losing out to online merchants by not opening seven days a week. Economists say such restrictions cost France tremendous amounts of revenue, especially from tourists.
There's more. French labor contracts are still too complicated and too stringent, many economists say. Access to many jobs, like driving a taxi, is still restricted by special licenses and Byzantine rules. The paperwork necessary to start a business is onerous.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV