New Alligator Safety Signs Help Civilians Avoid Gruesome Attacks - By MySafetySign.com
NEW YORK, May 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- America is home to over 3 million alligators, and it's important to tread carefully around these fearsome creatures. MySafetySign.com has launched new alligator warning signs to help citizens in alligator-populated areas avoid sudden attacks.
Alligators generally stay away from humans, but become very defensive and aggressive when threatened. During the summer months, attacks increase because the reptiles are in mating season and become more active. Alligators are deadliest in the water, swimming silently for as speeds as high as 20 miles per hour. Though humans are not the ideal prey for alligators, it is best not to tempt fate by remaining near where they are.
The new signs display vivid, attention-grabbing safety messages. These signs are ideal for use in golf courses, parks, and communities near lakes and rivers. They are made from durable aluminum that will survive in all weather.
In addition to posting warning signs, it is imperative to take necessary precautions in alligator-rich areas.
- Do not feed them.
- Do not swim where they are, especially at night when they normally feed. If with children or small pets, keep away from the water's edge.
- Avoid them. Handling even small alligators can result in injury. If bitten by an alligator, seek medical attention immediately.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV