REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica Cloud Summer 2013, the latest release of its award-winning Informatica Cloud family of cloud-based integration and data management software as a service (SaaS) solutions.
Powered by the industry's leading integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS), Informatica Cloud Summer 2013 delivers:
- Powerful new SAP Connectivity via the Informatica Cloud SAP Connector.
- New Informatica Cloud Extend capabilities for integration task flow and business process automation.
- New Cloud Connectors and Get it Now Cloud Integration Templates on Informatica Marketplace.
- General availability of the Informatica Cloud Data Masking service to protect against data breaches in development and testing environments.
Cloud Integration Advances: Native SAP Connectivity Comes to the CloudInformatica leadership in SAP integration has led to a powerful hybrid solution, leveraging Informatica PowerCenter for integration design and Informatica Cloud for execution. Informatica Cloud Summer 2013 extends this leadership with the Informatica Cloud SAP Connector, providing native SAP table reading and writing capabilities in the cloud. The new connector enables users to:
- Easily extract data from SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) implementations for integrations with on-premise or SaaS applications, databases and files in support of data synchronization, data migration, data warehousing and BI initiatives.
- Browse SAP metadata with business descriptions in the cloud providing self-service to business analysts and functional users who can easily switch between business and technical names in support of data migration, data warehousing and BI, and data synchronization activities.
- Leverage new SAP Table Reader and Writer connectivity to extract data from SAP Transparent, Cluster and Pooled tables, from SAP Views, or load data into custom transparent tables using Insert, Update and Delete functionality.
- SAP HANA connectivity via ODBC for high performance analytics.
- Enhanced SAP support for Cloud Integration Templates , with SAP IDoc Reader and Writer supported as source and target, and SAP BAPI transformations supported in custom integration tasks.
- Ability to run Informatica Cloud integration tasks using guides - Informatica Cloud Extend guides can now incorporate automated steps that run Informatica Cloud integration tasks. Guides that collect information can now automatically synchronize that Salesforce data with other data sources and applications in the cloud or on-premise. .
- Extended mobile capabilities - Cloud Summer 2013 expands existing mobile execution of Cloud Extend guides with a beta release of a new downloadable mobile app, providing additional execution options and increased performance.
- Customizable guide execution reports in Salesforce - Information about guide execution, including individuals running guides and guide outcomes, is now recorded in Salesforce CRM enabling users to create custom reports showing guide usage and Salesforce productivity improvements.
- Simple theme customization - Organizations can quickly and easily customize the look of their guides' interfaces, including new button, border and font settings.
- Informatica Cloud MDM for Salesforce.com now provides support for multi-type/multi-source/multi-dimensional hierarchies to aid in the visualization and tracking of multiple different business interactions and entities. This enables Salesforce customers to better collaborate on key customer interactions, manage complex territories, and leverage pre-built hierarchies from 3 rd party data providers, as well as their own back-office systems to easily uncover cross-sell/upsell or white space opportunities. The new hierarchy management capabilities make Informatica Cloud MDM the foundation of trustworthy reporting and analytics for Salesforce.
- Informatica Cloud Contact Validation Service ( CVS) now provides real-time address validation at point-of-entry to increase data quality and accuracy.
- New Cloud Connectors available for a free 30-day trial on the Cloud Marketplace Mall include connectors for Microsoft SharePoint, MongoDB, JSON, Hive (Hadoop) and QuickBooks Online.
- New Cloud Integration Templates available for a free 30-day trial on the Cloud Marketplace Mall include Templates for SAP-to-Salesforce, Workday-to-Concur and Workday-to-NetSuite integrations.
- The Virtual Data Machine is an embeddable data management engine that accesses, aggregates and manages data. The technology can deploy logic regardless of type, volume or source of data; computing platform; or end user. The Virtual Data Machine is the core engine that drives the Informatica Platform.
- "The next phase of cloud computing requires a shift from real-time flows and analyses of data to right time flows," said R "Ray" Wang, Principal Analyst & CEO, Constellation Research, Inc. "Companies will increasingly move operational and business intelligence data functions to the cloud, as the demand for fluid, real-time information increases. More importantly, context will be key in providing relevancy. Cloud solutions must address these needs in order to help customers win in the market place."
- "The Informatica Cloud Summer 2013 release demonstrates Informatica Cloud's continued innovation as the industry's leading cloud integration, data management and integration platform-as-a-service (iPaaS) solution," said Daegan Gray, President, INSynergy, LLC.
- Informatica Cloud continues to rapidly expand the breadth and depth of integration capabilities and use in the market, where it now routinely processes more than two billion cloud integration transactions a day," said Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Integration, Informatica. "With the Summer 2013 release, Informatica continues to deliver pioneering cloud integration and data management capabilities designed to help our customers unlock the full potential of all of their cloud services."