SAO PAULO, May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America, announces its results for the first quarter of 2013 (1Q13). All information presented herein is in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and in Brazilian Reais (R$), and all comparisons are with the first quarter of 2012 (1Q12)
- GOL recorded an operating result of R$101 million in 1Q13, accompanied by a margin of 4.9%, an increase of R$94 million or 4.6 percentage points, versus an operating result of R$7 million in 1Q12, with a margin of 0.3%.
- Net revenue per available seat-kilometer (PRASK) reached R$15.46 in 1Q13, 12.4% up over 1Q12. This performance gave momentum to the annual increase of 9.1% in revenue per available seat-kilometer (RASK), which came to R$16.89 in 1Q13.
- Operating cost per available seat-kilometer excluding fuel costs (CASK ex-fuel) stood at 8.71 cents (R$) in 1Q13, remaining virtually flat in relation to the 8.63 cents (R$) recorded in 1Q12.
- After approval of the Board of Directors in 1Q13, on May 10, Smiles S.A. established the offering's price at R$1,132,173,890.40, equivalent to 52,173,912 common shares, representing 43% of its total capital. The shares of Smiles S.A. have been traded on BM&F Bovespa as of April 29, 2013. The net proceeds of approximately R$1.1 billion will be used by Smiles S.A. excusively for the advance purchase of airline tickets from VRG, a Company subsidiary.
- Once again, GOL was the most punctual airline in the Brazilian market. The Company achieved a punctuality ratio of 95% (93% in 1Q12).
For further information visit www.voegol.com.br/ir
Conference calls - Tuesday - May 14, 2013