- GOL recorded an operating result of R$101 million in 1Q13, accompanied by a margin of 4.9%, an increase of R$94 million or 4.6 percentage points, versus an operating result of R$7 million in 1Q12, with a margin of 0.3%.
- Net revenue per available seat-kilometer (PRASK) reached R$15.46 in 1Q13, 12.4% up over 1Q12. This performance gave momentum to the annual increase of 9.1% in revenue per available seat-kilometer (RASK), which came to R$16.89 in 1Q13.
- Operating cost per available seat-kilometer excluding fuel costs (CASK ex-fuel) stood at 8.71 cents (R$) in 1Q13, remaining virtually flat in relation to the 8.63 cents (R$) recorded in 1Q12.
- After approval of the Board of Directors in 1Q13, on May 10, Smiles S.A. established the offering's price at R$1,132,173,890.40, equivalent to 52,173,912 common shares, representing 43% of its total capital. The shares of Smiles S.A. have been traded on BM&F Bovespa as of April 29, 2013. The net proceeds of approximately R$1.1 billion will be used by Smiles S.A. excusively for the advance purchase of airline tickets from VRG, a Company subsidiary.
- Once again, GOL was the most punctual airline in the Brazilian market. The Company achieved a punctuality ratio of 95% (93% in 1Q12).
GOL Records Operating Margin Of 4.9% In 1Q13
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.