Ford Foundation Appoints Elizabeth Knup To Lead Its China Office
"I am deeply honored to lead the Ford Foundation's work in China and continue the strong legacy of advocating for social justice," said Knup. "I am committed to working alongside the foundation's grantees to build common understanding, enhance excellence, and enable individuals to improve their lives."
For more than 30 years, the Ford Foundation's work in China has focused on helping Chinese society adapt to the challenges of balancing economic expansion and equity.
As China experiences unprecedented growth, the country also confronts many new social challenges. The foundation is working with institutions and individuals who are on the frontlines of building a society that is not only more robust, but also more inclusive and equitable.
"Elizabeth's appointment to lead our work in China continues the long-standing Ford Foundation tradition of attracting the finest people across the sector and around the world," said Luis Ubinas, president of the Ford Foundation.Knup will begin her new position August 1, 2013. She was selected after a broad international search. The Ford Foundation is an independent, nonprofit grant-making organization. For over 75 years it has worked with courageous people on the frontlines of social change worldwide, guided by its mission to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice, promote international cooperation, and advance human achievement. With headquarters in New York, the foundation has offices in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. SOURCE Ford Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV