HOUSTON, May 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coastal Energy Company (the "Company" or "Coastal Energy") (TSX:CEN) (AIM:CEO), an independent exploration and production company with assets in Southeast Asia, announces the financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2013. The functional and reporting currency of the Company is the United States dollar.
Q1 2013 Financial Highlights
- The Company reported Q1 total production of 23,163 boe/d, up from year ago levels of 22,773 boe/d. Offshore production totalled 20,460 bbl/d, a slight decrease from year ago levels of 21,031 bbl/d. Offshore production was impacted by several factors, including longer than expected completion times for the hydraulic fracturing program at Bua Ban South, delayed production from two horizontal wells at Bua Ban North due to the initial installation of "swelling packers" designed to reduce water production and the Songkhla A-10 well being down for a majority of the quarter awaiting pump replacement. Onshore production was 2,703 boe/d, up from 1,742 boe/d in the same period last year due to stronger gas demand in Thailand.
- EBITDAX for Q1 2013 was $152.5 million, 19% higher than the $128.4 million recorded in Q1 2012. Revenue and EBITDAX were driven higher by increased lifting volumes. Crude oil inventory was approximately 188,115 barrels at March 31, 2013, the revenue from which will be recognized in the second quarter.
- Operating costs declined 8% year over year on a per barrel basis to $19.90 / bbl as the Company realized the benefits of costs reductions related to the purchase of previously leased production facilities.
- The Company announced successful discoveries at Songkhla A in two exploration wells which were drilled into previously untested fault blocks on the western side of the platform.
Operations UpdateThe Company recently completed the drilling of one exploration well at the Songkhla M prospect and one appraisal/exploration well in the Bua Ban North and Bua Ban Terrace Area.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts