YOQNEAM, Israel, May 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Given Imaging Ltd, (Nasdaq:GIVN), a world leader in GI medical devices and pioneer of capsule endoscopy, today announced that numerous studies confirming the value of Given Imaging's portfolio of GI diagnostic and monitoring products will be presented at the upcoming Digestive Disease Week (DDW). DDW will take place May 18 – 21, 2013, at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL. Given Imaging will be exhibiting at booth #1059 throughout the conference.
"DDW is an opportunity to showcase the clinical utility of our entire product portfolio in diverse disease state areas including Crohn's disease, GERD, GI dysmotility, OGIB, colorectal cancer and achalasia," said Homi Shamir, President and Chief Executive Officer, Given Imaging. "In conjunction with DDW, we are also excited to celebrate that more than two million PillCam capsules have been used in patients around the world. This important milestone showcases the tremendous influence this product has for detecting and monitoring conditions of the GI tract."
More than 140 studies presented at DDW will feature data on Given Imaging's leading GI diagnostic product portfolio including PillCam ® SB, PillCam ® COLON 2*, PillCam ® ESO, Bravo ® pH monitoring, Digitrapper ® pH-z monitoring, ManoScan ® high resolution manometry and the SmartPill ® motility monitoring system. All data presented at DDW will be embargoed until the time of presentation. Important poster and podium presentations include:
- Poster presentation Sa1323 , Is the Chicago Classification for Esophageal Motility Disorders Useful to Predict Symptom Severity?, on Saturday, May 18th from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Poster presentation Sa2034, Development of New Parameters to Evaluate Anorectal Function Using High-Definition Anorectal Manometry (HDM). the Anal Contractile Integrated (Aci), the Post Squeeze Pressure (Psp), the Anal Integrated Relaxation Pressure (Airp), and the Sliding Velocity in the Anal Canal (Svac), on Saturday, May 18th from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Podium presentation 689, Evaluation of the Second Generation Colon Capsule Endoscopy (Cce-2) in Pediatric Ulcerative Colitis (UC), on Monday, May 20th at 10:00 am
- Podium presentation 703, Prospective Trial of PillCam Colon Capsule (CCE) vs CT-Colonography (CTC) in the Evaluation of Patients With Incomplete Conventional Colonoscopy (CC): an Interim Analysis, on Monday, May 20th at 10:30 am
- Poster presentation Mo2092, Wireless Motility Capsule Alters Diagnosis and Affects Clinical Management in Patients With Suspected Gastrointestinal Dysmotility, on Monday, May 20th from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Podium presentation 907, Accuracy of PillCam COLON 2 for Detecting Subjects With Adenomas Greater Than or Equal To 6 mm, on Tuesday, May 21st at 8:45 am
- Poster presentation Tu1301, 8-Hour CE Versus 12-Hour CE in a Cohort of Hospitalized Patients Undergoing CE for Suspected Small Bowel Disorders, on Tuesday, May 21st from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Poster presentation Tu1781, Description of Findings in Esophageal Impedance -pH Monitoring in Patients With Extraesophageal Symtomps and Suspected GERD in Hospital San Ignacio Bogota A Hani, L Galindo, R Cañadas, R Rincón, A Rodríguez, R Vargas, Y Suarez, G Guzmán, M Herrán, M Hernández, A Leguizamo, J Alvarado, on Tuesday, May 21st from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm