BLUE BELL, Pa., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced that TravelSky, the leading provider of information technology solutions for China's air travel and tourism industry, has selected the Unisys air cargo and logistics management solutions to offer as hosted services to China's airlines.
Under the contract, Unisys is licensing its Logistics Management System (LMS), In-transit Service Manager (ISM) and Cargo Portal Services (CPS) to TravelSky and will also provide implementation and customization services.
InfoSky, a wholly-owned division of TravelSky, will operate the services and provide them as software-as-a-service (SaaS) to Chinese airlines in a Unisys secure private cloud environment hosted in Beijing.
Mr. Li, Aiguo, General Manager of InfoSky, said: "TravelSky has worked successfully with Unisys for many years to provide the robust and secure technology infrastructure required to support the passenger services used by China's aviation industry. This agreement extends our successful collaboration to cargo, and means we can deliver industry-leading technology services to the cargo businesses of Chinese airlines."Air China, China's flag carrier, is the first TravelSky client airline to sign up for the new cargo services. Air China, which operates air freight services to 36 cities in 27 countries around the world, expects to transition from its current cargo enterprise system to the hosted LMS in less than six months. Air China will also use the Unisys ISM service, which provides proactive shipment management and Cargo 2000 services. InfoSky plans to develop an air cargo portal based on the widely used Unisys Cargo Portal Services platform. The InfoSky and CPS portals will interconnect so that users of one will be able to work with carriers using the other.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV