PARSIPPANY, N.J., May 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) has earned a place in the 2013 edition of Military Times' Best for Vets: Employers survey. The Company was recognized for its achievements in recruiting and employing veterans, for its policies related to veterans, reservists and their families, and for the organization's culture, among other factors.
"America's servicemen and servicewomen represent the best our country has to offer," said Ronald L. Nelson, Avis Budget Group chairman and chief executive officer. "Recruiting and employing these military heroes enables us to provide our customers with superior service and thereby accelerate growth. We are honored to be included in such a prestigious ranking."
Avis Budget Group's commitment to assisting current and former military personnel includes the following initiatives:
- Avis Budget Group's Chairman and CEO signed a "Statement of Support" for the country's military veterans, reservists and national guardsmen. A cornerstone effort of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), a Department of Defense agency, the Statement of Support formalizes Avis Budget Group's long-standing practice of providing military personnel with employment opportunities and the training and tools they need to succeed.
- Avis Budget Group is enrolled in the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a coalition comprised of major corporations that have jointly committed to hiring 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020. As part of its promise, Avis Budget Group aggressively recruits veterans via job fairs, military bases and online initiatives.
- Avis Budget Group has a dedicated recruitment website for veterans and transitioning service members. Visit www.avisbudgetgroup-veterans.jobs for more information.
- As the official rental car company of the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP), Budget Car Rental provides transportation assistance as well as support for fundraising to further WWP's mission. For example, the Company recently raised over $30,000 for WWP from its first world headquarters golf tournament. WWP is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to raising awareness of severely injured servicemen and servicewomen and providing much needed assistance to these veterans and their families.
CONTACT: Alice Pereira (973) 496-6113 PR@avisbudget.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV