Governor Corbett Announces Energy-Efficiency, Pollution-Prevention Grants For Four Small Businesses
HARRISBURG, Pa., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --Governor Tom Corbett announced today that the Department of Environmental Protection has awarded $32,880 in grants to help four small businesses across Pennsylvania invest in energy-efficiency or pollution-prevention projects.
"Investment in small business is a cornerstone to sound economic growth," Corbett said. "These grants will help small business owners continue to thrive in Pennsylvania."
Pennsylvania's Small Business Advantage Grant program, funded through the state's Hazardous Sites Cleanup Act, helps businesses with 100 or fewer employees. It provides 50-percent matching reimbursement grants of up to $9,500 to implement projects that will save 25 percent annually in pollution-prevention or energy-related costs.
The four businesses that were awarded grants are: Erie County's Georgeko Industries Inc., $9,500; Lawrence County's Gebhart Farms, $9,500; Monroe County's 578 Main Associates LLC, $4,380; and Northampton County's Tencza Dental Associates, $9,500.The grants will create more than $136,000 in private-sector investment in small businesses. Examples of eligible projects include high-efficiency HVAC and insulation upgrades; high-efficiency lighting to save energy; installation of energy-efficient heat pumps; and new auxiliary power units that help large trucks reduce time spent with idling engines. Since 2004, DEP has invested more than $7.5 million in 1,760 small businesses statewide. For more information about how DEP can help support small businesses or about future Small Business Advantage Grant programs, contact DEP's Office of the Small Business Ombudsman at 717-772-8909 or via email at email@example.com. Media contact: Amanda Witman, DEP, 717-787-1323
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV