Rating Change #4
Chatham Lodging Trust
(CLDT - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLDT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 40.85% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CLDT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CHATHAM LODGING TRUST has improved earnings per share by 23.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHATHAM LODGING TRUST continued to lose money by earning -$0.13 versus -$0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.45 versus -$0.13).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 6.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$1.73 million to -$1.62 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CHATHAM LODGING TRUST underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
No company description available. Chatham has a market cap of $323 million and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 20.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
Chatham Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center