3. As of noon trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) is down $0.55 (-0.7%) to $78.46 on light volume Thus far, 588,104 shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $77.98-$78.97 after having opened the day at $78.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.01. Norfolk Southern Corporation engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods in the United States. Norfolk Southern Corporation has a market cap of $24.8 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Norfolk Southern Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts