3 Stocks Pushing The Wholesale Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Sysco Corporation ( SYY) is up $0.22 (0.64) to $34.42 on light volume Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Sysco Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.16-$34.53 after having opened the day at $34.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.20. Sysco Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the marketing and distribution of a range of food and related products primarily to the foodservice or food-away-from-home industry. Sysco Corporation has a market cap of $20.3 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Sysco Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sysco Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Sysco Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the wholesale industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Goods ( IYK) while those bearish on the wholesale industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts