3. As of noon trading, Ventas ( VTR) is up $0.64 (0.81) to $79.91 on light volume Thus far, 408,958 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $79.18-$79.99 after having opened the day at $79.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.27. Ventas, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm engages in investment, management, financing, and leasing of properties in the healthcare industry. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States and Canada. Ventas has a market cap of $23.1 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 61.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ventas a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ventas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Ventas Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts