4. As of noon trading, Equity Residential ( EQR) is up $0.42 (0.73) to $58.13 on average volume Thus far, 725,229 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $57.40-$58.15 after having opened the day at $57.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.71. Equity Residential, a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily properties in the United States. Equity Residential has a market cap of $20.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 104.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Equity Residential a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Equity Residential as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Equity Residential Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts