2. As of noon trading, Abbott Laboratories ( ABT) is up $0.37 (1.02) to $36.54 on light volume Thus far, 2.5 million shares of Abbott Laboratories exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.04-$36.57 after having opened the day at $36.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.17. Abbott Laboratories engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and sale of health care products worldwide. Abbott Laboratories has a market cap of $56.4 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Abbott Laboratories a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Abbott Laboratories as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Abbott Laboratories Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts