Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 5/15/13, Apartment Investment & Management Co. (AIV) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.24, payable on 5/31/13. As a percentage of AIV's recent stock price of $32.13, this dividend works out to approximately 0.75%, so look for shares of Apartment Investment & Management Co. to trade 0.75% lower — all else being equal — when AIV shares open for trading on 5/15/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for AIV, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.24 declared by Apartment Investment & Management Co.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from AIV is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 2.99% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of AIV shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, AIV's low point in its 52 week range is $24.05 per share, with $32.16 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $32.10.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, AIV makes up 2.91% of the iShares FTSE NAREIT Residential Plus Capped Index Fund ETF (REZ) which is trading up by about 0.1% on the day Monday. According to Preferred Stock Channel, there is a series of preferred stock that is senior to AIV, which trades under the symbol AIV.PRZ — more info ». In Monday trading, Apartment Investment & Management Co. shares are currently up about 0.8% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV