Natural Resources Partners L.P (NYSE: NRP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.50%. Natural Resource Partners L.P., through its subsidiaries, engages in the ownership, management, and leasing of mineral properties in the United States. It owns coal reserves in Appalachia, the Illinois Basin, and the Western United States, as well as lignite reserves in the Gulf Coast region. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.96. The average volume for Natural Resources Partners L.P has been 264,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Natural Resources Partners L.P has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. Shares are up 24.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Natural Resources Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, NATURAL RESOURCE PARTNERS LP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NATURAL RESOURCE PARTNERS LP is currently very high, coming in at 76.80%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NRP's net profit margin of 54.88% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- NATURAL RESOURCE PARTNERS LP's earnings per share declined by 8.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NATURAL RESOURCE PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.97 versus $0.50 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 12.7% in earnings ($1.72 versus $1.97).
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.69 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, NRP's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.49, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Natural Resources Partners L.P Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts