NTELOS Holdings (NASDAQ: NTLS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.00%. NTELOS Holdings Corp., through its subsidiaries, provides digital wireless communications services to consumers and businesses primarily in Virginia and West Virginia, as well as parts of Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Kentucky. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.57. The average volume for NTELOS Holdings has been 160,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. NTELOS Holdings has a market cap of $326.7 million and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are up 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates NTELOS Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NTLS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, NTELOS HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- NTELOS HOLDINGS CORP's earnings per share declined by 32.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NTELOS HOLDINGS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.87 versus $1.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.02 versus $0.87).
- The share price of NTELOS HOLDINGS CORP has not done very well: it is down 23.06% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- The gross profit margin for NTELOS HOLDINGS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.60% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full NTELOS Holdings Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts