5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: ETR, MO, PEG, SO, HIW
Highwoods Properties (NYSE: HIW) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.20%. Highwoods Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust engages in leasing, management, development, construction, and other customer-related services for its properties and for third parties. It invests in the real estate markets of United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 67.50. The average volume for Highwoods Properties has been 875,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Highwoods Properties has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 21.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Highwoods Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HIW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 91.01% to $42.12 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -34.71%.
- HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.58 versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.69 versus $0.58).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, HIGHWOODS PROPERTIES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Highwoods Properties Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV