North European Oil Royalty (NYSE: NRT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.90%. North European Oil Royalty Trust, a grantor trust, holds overriding royalty rights covering gas and oil production in concessions or leases in the Federal Republic of Germany. It holds these rights under contracts with German exploration and development subsidiaries of ExxonMobil Corp. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.79. The average volume for North European Oil Royalty has been 13,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. North European Oil Royalty has a market cap of $238.0 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates North European Oil Royalty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NRT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.03, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for NORTH EUROPEAN OIL RTY TR is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. NRT has managed to maintain the strong profit margin since the same quarter of last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NRT's net profit margin of 94.42% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- NRT, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- NORTH EUROPEAN OIL RTY TR's earnings per share declined by 9.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, NORTH EUROPEAN OIL RTY TR reported lower earnings of $2.46 versus $2.63 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income has decreased by 10.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $6.08 million to $5.47 million.
- You can view the full North European Oil Royalty Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts