Collectors Universe (NASDAQ: CLCT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.90%. Collectors Universe, Inc. provides authentication and grading services to dealers and collectors of high-value coins, trading cards, event tickets, autographs, memorabilia, and stamps in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.78. The average volume for Collectors Universe has been 33,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Collectors Universe has a market cap of $111.1 million and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are up 30.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Collectors Universe as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLCT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, CLCT has a quick ratio of 2.14, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COLLECTORS UNIVERSE INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.86 versus $0.64 in the prior year.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Diversified Consumer Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 48.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.09 million to $0.56 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.72 million or 72.09% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Collectors Universe Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts