For the combined industrial segments, Glynn estimates revenue will grow by 3.4% to $154.3 billion in 2014, when factoring in $620 million in costs for corporate items. The analyst estimates that GE's total industrial profit will increase by 10% in 2014 to $7.873 billion, with profits growing in every industrial segment.
Despite the revenue decline for the Power & Water segment during the first quarter, Immelt said Oil & Gas orders were up 24% year-over-year. The higher orders feed Glynn's estimates for an increase in Power & Water revenue of 3% in 2014, with segment profit rising by 10% to $5.305 billion.
GE said its Aviation orders rose by a remarkable 47% in the first quarter from a year earlier. Glynn estimates Aviation will see revenue rise by 5% in 2014, with segment profit 8% to $4.409 billion.
Glynn's 12-to-18 month price target for GE's stock is $26, and he estimates the company will earn $1.65 a share this year, with EPS growing to $1.80 in 2014.The EPS growth will be helped by share buybacks. General Electric expects its share repurchases this year to total $10 billion.
The company also pays a quarterly dividend of 19%, for a yield of 3.32%, based on Friday's close. GE data by YCharts
Interested in more on General Electric? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. >Contact by Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV