MINNEAPOLIS, May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ING U.S. announced today that its Insurance Solutions business has named Dave Wilken as head of individual life distribution. In this leadership role, Wilken will oversee all individual life sales distribution channels with a focus on growth in the accumulation and indexed market segments. Wilken will report directly to Butch Britton, chief executive officer of ING U.S. Insurance Solutions. His appointment is effective June 1 st.
Wilken has spent the past 27 years of his career at ING U.S., in roles of increasing responsibility within the company's retail life insurance business. Most recently he served as senior vice president of the independent life sales channel. Wilken began his career at ING U.S. in accounting and finance positions for the life and annuity businesses.
Wilken succeeds Dan Mulheran as head of the individual life distribution team. Mulheran, who retires on July 1 st, was instrumental in the impressive growth of the ING U.S. life insurance business during his 11 year tenure. In addition, he led the expansion of distribution relationships into new areas such as multicultural and specialty markets.
"Dan's insight and leadership will be greatly missed, but he has assembled a strong team and a solid foundation for our company to build upon as it executes its strategy to support Americans with their retirement readiness and financial protection needs," commented Britton. "Dave has played a key role in growing our distribution partnerships and visibility in the marketplace as an insurance leader. As an example of our company's talented bench strength, I am confident Dave will continue to help us deliver the products and services our partners have come to expect from us while uncovering new and innovative ways for us to serve our diverse customers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV