BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- This morning's muted price action is setting us up for a quiet week for stocks, at least compared with the excitement that's been keeping things interesting for the last few weeks. After rallying more than 6% in the last few weeks, the S&P 500 is ready to take a breather.
A pause in the broad market doesn't mean that it'll be a quiet week for all stocks -- only for stocks in general. Indeed, it's shaping up to be another market-beating week for a handful of new Rocket Stock names in May.
Today, we'll take a closer look at five of them.For the uninitiated, "Rocket Stocks" are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows. In the last 199 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 75.5%. Without further ado, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks. >>5 Stocks Under $10 Set to Soar
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV