"While investors are unlikely to get full clarity on the issues that have weighed on JPM in the near-term, we believe shares will begin to re-rate before the market has certainty, with the May 21 shareholder vote serving as a potential catalyst," Ramsden wrote in a note to clients on Monday.
JPMorgan's shares have been under pressure amid negative headlines surrounding litigation, growing regulatory scrutiny and the pending shareholder vote on splitting Jamie Dimon's Chairman/CEO dual role that may prompt his exit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV