"Through the ecoENERGY Innovation Initiative, our government is investing in innovative clean energy technologies that create jobs, generate new economic opportunities and protect the environment," said the Honourable Joe Oliver, Canada's Minister of Natural Resources. "This program demonstrates our tangible support for energy projects that drive energy innovation."
Temperature control in electric-vehicle battery systems remains a major challenge in maximizing battery life and reliability. Dana will use this grant to seek a solution for the industry that improves the viability of electric vehicles.
The first project aims to advance the development of aluminum heat exchangers, which are used to thermally manage electric-vehicle battery systems. The grant focuses on improving fluxless aluminum brazing materials and process technology for manufacturing to increase process speeds, enhance cleanliness during production, and reduce overall cost.
" Dana is excited to work with NRCan on this important issue as we aim to increase the life and operating reliability of batteries, which will lead to greater market adoption of electric vehicles," said Dwayne Matthews, president of the Dana Power Technologies Group. "We will be using these grants to build on our foundational knowledge of electric-vehicle thermal systems to help achieve higher levels of efficiency."
Battery function and durability can be significantly compromised in cold climate conditions, such as those encountered during Canadian winters. The second project aims to address these challenges and improve battery system performance in low temperatures by developing and integrating thick-film electric surface heaters directly into the battery cooling heat exchanger. For this project, Dana will collaborate with Datec Coatings, of Mississauga, Ontario.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV