As Icahn has said in recent media appearances, Dell has made over $10 billion in acquisitions in recent years to bolster its enterprise division, however, shareholders are yet to see the benefit from those assets.
While much ink has been spilled on the adversity Dell has faced in a sharply declining PC-market, the company nevertheless generated over $2.3 billion in 2012 profits and over $3.2 billion in operating cash flow.
Those earnings and cash flow metrics, in addition to unheralded enterprise division assets such as Quest Software and Wyse Technologies indicate Icahn, Southeastern and shareholders who would opt out of the $12 a share dividend would have heavy lifting to garner a value from their shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV