United States Steel Corporation Stock Sell Recommendation Reiterated (X)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- X's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 27.96%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.13 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, X maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.98, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for UNITED STATES STEEL CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.58% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $233.00 million or 45.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- UNITED STATES STEEL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED STATES STEEL CORP reported poor results of -$0.97 versus -$0.59 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 39.2% in earnings (-$1.35 versus -$0.97).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.