Spectra Energy Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (SE)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- 40.80% is the gross profit margin for SPECTRA ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SE's net profit margin of 15.81% compares favorably to the industry average.
- SPECTRA ENERGY CORP's earnings per share declined by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPECTRA ENERGY CORP reported lower earnings of $1.43 versus $1.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.52 versus $1.43).
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $484.00 million or 3.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow SPECTRA ENERGY CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.86%.
- In its most recent trading session, SE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.