NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Dr. Greg Raleigh wants to change how and what you pay for your smartphone services. His new venture called Zact also aims to lower your monthly bill.
Raleigh seems to know exactly what he's doing when it comes to cellular stuff. He's been involved in a number of previous technology companies like Clarity Wireless (now Cisco (CSCO)) and Airgo (now Qualcomm (QCOM)). According to his bio, he "invented core technology in 4G/LTE devices as well as developing the Wi-fi standards known as 802.11n and 802.11ac". I've spoken with him. He knows his stuff.
Raleigh is the founder of the California-based company called ItsOn - a group of experts trying to change the way mobile services are delivered and consumed. ItsOn is privately-held and is funded by Andreessen Horowitz, SV Angel, Verizon (VZ), Vodafone (VOD), and Best Buy (BBY). In addition to selling their new ideas to other companies, ItsOn decided to market a cloud-based service of their own - Zact - to show everyone how it could/should be done.Zact wants to change what you pay for your monthly cell phone service. The idea is simple. You'll be able to pick and choose each and every facet of your monthly service - such voice calls, SMS, and mobile Web - and pay for what you want and need. If you see you're going over your chosen allotment of minutes or messages or data you can adjust your account on your phone - on the fly. For instance, say you're at 300 minutes (or however much you choose) of voice and there's another week to go in the month. You can adjust your Zact account accordingly. On the fly. On your phone. Right then and there. Whether you need more or fewer services you make the changes yourself. Just need email and not other Web services? There is an option for that too.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV