ORLANDO, Fla., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin's (NYSE: LMT) Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM ®) Extended Range successfully completed U.S. Air Force Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E) flight testing, scoring 20 successes in 21 flights, a success rate of 95 percent.
The JASSM-ER missiles demonstrated their effectiveness against a wide variety of operationally representative targets. The missiles were employed in all of the operational flight modes at the full range of release conditions. These missions were designed to validate the full operational capability for the B-1B/JASSM-ER weapon system.
"These flight tests demonstrate the operational effectiveness, suitability and overall mission capability of the JASSM-ER system," said Dave Melvin, long range strike systems program manager at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. "The successful completion of the testing program was the final milestone before a planned full-rate production decision, expected later in 2013."
The successful completion of IOT&E testing follows several JASSM program milestones including:
- Completion of Lot 6 baseline missile reliability assessment flights
- Letter of offer and acceptance from the Republic of Finland to integrate JASSM onto its F/A-18 C/D aircraft
- The U.S. Air Force Lot 10 contract award and integration on the U.S. Air Force F-15E.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV