NASA Announces Summer Learning Opportunities For U.S. Students
NASA also will engage and leverage the STEM expertise of other national organizations, such as the Department of Education's 21st Century Community Learning Centers, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, YMCAs, 4-H chapters, science centers and museums.
The agency will offer Summer of Innovation mini-grant awards of as much as $2,500 to allow smaller, non-traditional organizations to spur STEM interest in their communities. The agency will begin soliciting proposals in early June.
NASA piloted Summer of Innovation in 2010 in response to President Obama's Educate to Innovate initiative. Studies have shown that students who are engaged in STEM activities during their middle school years are more likely to pursue the scientific and technical career fields critical to maintaining U.S. competitiveness in the future.
Entering its fourth year, Summer of Innovation has reached more than 128,000 students in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. It has provided professional development opportunities to more than 16,000 educators.For more information about the Exploration Design Challenge, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/education/edc For more information about NASA's broader education programs, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/education SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV