BEDFORD, Mass., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- New RSA ® Technology Brief addresses how traditional Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems must evolve to stay relevant in today's hyper-extended IT environments
- RSA's vision, known as Adaptive IAM, morphs traditional static IAM into a system that is agile, intelligent and scalable and patrols a "situational perimeter" to help organizations dynamically protect access to valuable corporate resources and sensitive data
RSA, The Security Division of EMC ® (NYSE: EMC), today released a new RSA ® Technology Brief urging IT organizations to modernize their thinking and approach toward Identity and Access Management (IAM). In the Brief, "Adaptive IAM: Defending the Borderless Enterprise," RSA outlines why IAM systems are on the front lines of defense against cyber attacks and how traditional solutions must be reinvented to keep up with the demands of the enterprise and the reality of today's threat environment.The task of ensuring that the right users get access to appropriate company resources has traditionally been the realm of IAM solutions. While IAM is attracting renewed interest as a way to further secure today's increasingly hyper-extended and borderless enterprise, traditional IAM solutions must evolve to support the growing number of users, partners and cloud services that are accessing corporate resources from endpoint devices and applications that often fall outside the direct control of enterprise IT departments. RSA's Technology Brief introduces the concept of Adaptive IAM, which over the next few years will transform traditional IAM systems into more dynamic, agile, intelligent and risk-aware systems. With corporate identities under siege, a single successful login is no longer a sufficient way to attain trust. The level of security needs to adjust based on each transaction, the parties involved and the value of the data assets at play. Adaptive IAM will patrol a situational perimeter that will enforce security whenever and wherever users interact with corporate data and resources. Adaptive IAM is defined by four emerging capabilities:
- Rich user profiles are used to compare real-time user activities and behaviors against a historical baseline, with significant deviations from "normal" behavior signaling security problems.
- Big Data analytics are applied to massive data sets to assess risks and to distinguish good behavior from bad.
- Monitoring and risk-based intervention keeps track of what users do after initial authentication and adjusts access controls to measured risk levels. Users are interrupted with additional authentication requirements when unsafe activities are detected.
- Consumer-level convenience means identity controls and risk assessments must occur behind the scenes, imposing upon corporate end users only when necessary .
- Rich User Profile: RSA's market-leading risk-based engine, delivered in the recently launched RSA® Authentication Manager 8 software as well as in RSA® Adaptive Authentication software, is designed to transparently absorb information from a variety of device, user and environmental factors to determine normal user behavior. To make even more secure authentication and authorization decisions, the latest version of RSA® Adaptive Directory 6.1 software is engineered to allow organizations to aggregate and centrally manage identity information across both on-premise identity data stores as well as cloud applications to create rich user profiles.
- Real-time Analytics Assess Risk and Integrate with Risk-based Access Controls: Deeper integration between RSA® Access Manager 6.2 software, RSA Adaptive Authentication software and RSA Authentication Manager 8 software help customers blend risk analytics with stronger authentication and access controls.
- Convenience: Updated releases of the RSA® Adaptive Federation 1.5 software-as-a service as well as on-premise RSA® Federated Identity Manager software enables seamless single-sign-on to cloud-based applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV