US Airways Mileage Donation Match Provides "Miles Of Hope" To Military And Families At Fisher House Foundation
TEMPE, Ariz., May 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) will match all Dividend Miles donated to Fisher House Foundation through the airline's "Miles of Hope" program today through May 19 in honor of Armed Forces Week. Miles of Hope provides the flying public the opportunity to donate Dividend Miles to five national nonprofit organizations. Throughout 2013 the airline is offering a special mileage matching week for each organization where it will match 1,000 miles for every 5,000 donated, up to 25,000 miles. In addition, US Airways will match all miles donated for all sponsored nonprofits between Nov. 15, National Philanthropy Day, and Dec. 3, Giving Tuesday.
Fisher House Foundation provides a "home away from home" for families of patients receiving medical care at major military and VA medical centers. The homes provide temporary free lodging so families can be close to their loved ones during a medical crisis. Dividend Miles donated to Fisher House's Hero Miles program will help provide round-trip travel to military men, women and their families who are undergoing treatment at a military or VA medical center.
"Last year 1,500 Dividend Miles members donated nearly 11 million miles to Fisher House Foundation," said US Airways' Director, Community Relations Kelly Balthazor. "This allowed for more than 1,200 flights to transport military family members, or savings of $475,000 for military families."Last July, US Airways' employee volunteer corps, the Do Crew, spent a day sprucing up Fisher House in Washington, D.C., to help support military families. Volunteers repainted a parking lot, pulled weeds, power-washed and organized storage sheds. US Airways also donated more than $5,000 worth of items from the Fisher House's wish list, including a new lawn mower, storage bins, blankets, sheets, video game consoles, video games and DVDs. Dividend Miles members can visit usairways.com/donatemiles to donate miles, which are accepted in 1,000 mile increments, or learn more about the Miles of Hope program. Customers who are currently not Dividend Miles members can also sign up at usairways.com. In addition to Fisher House Foundation, US Airways' Miles of Hope partners include:
- The American Red Cross – miles transport disaster relief workers and support important disaster preparedness trainings that further develop the skills and expertise needed to respond to a major disaster (mileage match took place March 18-24)
- Mercy Medical Airlift – miles provide long-distance medical air transport for all medically indigent, low-income and financially vulnerable patients (mileage match is Aug. 19-23 to celebrate National Aviation Day);
- Keep America Beautiful – miles provide travel to staff and volunteers, supporting more than 1,200 organizations that serve their communities and local environments (mileage match took place April 22 – 28 to celebrate Earth Day)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation ® – miles help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions (match is Oct. 21-27 in conjunction with National Make a Difference Day).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV